Ayurveda Light My Flame Organic Infusion - Dosha Pitta - ignite your inner fire with our organic flavoured herbal infusion.
A warming infusion of spicy ginger, fruity lemon and refreshing mint.
Cup Colour: amber
- Pitta governs all heat, metabolism and transformation in the mind and body. It controls how we digest foods, how we metabolize our sensory perceptions, and how we discriminate between right and wrong. Pitta governs the important digestive "agnis" or fires of the body.
- Drunk warm or cool, it helps cool down your mind, body and emotions
- Ginger is a zesty spice useful in aiding digestion, promoting appetite and helping with occasional stomach discomfort.
- The fresh scent of lemon evokes the very icon of cleanliness and purity. The sour taste of lemon increases the flow of bile, flushing the liver and gall bladder. Since bile stores many blood born toxins, lemons also detoxify the blood. Flushing bile also helps to prevent gallstones, and improves fat metabolism.
- Black pepper is considered an important healing spice in ayurveda. Along with long pepper and ginger, it forms the herbal preparation called trikatu, an important ingredient in many ayurvedic formulations. It has cleansing and antioxidant properties, and it is a bioavailability enhancer — it helps transport the benefits of other herbs to the different parts of the body. It helps the free flow of oxygen to the brain, helps enhance digestion and circulation, stimulates the appetite, and helps maintain respiratory system health and the health of the joints.
- Anise and its components have been investigated for a number of biological activities such as antioxidant, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, anticancer, anticonvulsant, and estrogenic properties and in the treatment of a number of conditions including cancer, chronic inflammation, gastric ulcers, and chronic constipation.
- Mint is soorthing, cleansing, refreshing and fights bad breath
- Coriander is a tridoshic spice highly appreciated in ayurveda. It is a cooling spice and contributes the sweet and astringent tastes. Ayurvedic texts suggest that it is good for digestion, whets the appetite, supports a healthy response to allergens and also helps purify the blood.
Do you need to balance Pitta?
Pitta dosha governs metabolism and transformation in the body.
Ginger*, lemon zest*, black peppercorns*, anise*, mint*, coriander*. *Certified Organic
Using one heaped teaspoon of the leaves per cup, sleep for 5 to 8 minutes, using freshly boiled water. - Don't forget you can re-use your leaves multiple times! ;o)