What are these?
Organic butter beans , also known as lima beans, have a deliciously subtle buttery flavour and a soft, smooth texture. They are often used in baking sweet treats for their moisture and the texture it can add to a bake. Try making butter bean dip instead of hummus or add to stews for added protein.
These beans are popular amongst vegetarians and vegans for their versatility and nutrients. Butter beans are packed full of vitamins and minerals such as iron.
How to use them?
- Cover with plenty of water and leave overnight.
- If in a hurry use boiling water and leave to stand for 2 hours.
- Drain and cook in fresh water for 1-2 hours or 30 minutes in a pressure cooker
- Add to recipes as instructed
Organic Butter Beans (100%)
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
- No artificial flavours or preservatives
- Naturally Gluten & Wheat free
Typical values (per 100g)
|of which saturates
|of which sugars