Organic round white rice, that has been grown, processed and packed in accordance with the requirements of regulation 2092/91 EU. Arborio is the classic risotto rice from the north Italian region of Piedmont. It is probab. It is a medium- to long-grain rice that can absorb a lot of cooking liquid yet still retain a good ‘bite’ when fully cooked. Because it undergoes less milling than ordinary long-grained rice, it retains more of its natural starch content. Cooking releases this starch, giving risotto its creamy consistency Ingredients:
Organic Arborio Rice Cooking Instructions:
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
- When making Arborio rice for risotto, do not rinse the rice as you do with other varieties, which can eliminate some of the starch.
- While the rice cooks, you’ll need to very slowly add about 5 cups of water or broth to 1 cup rice in a large skillet or Dutch oven, allowing the rice to fully absorb the liquid after each addition.
- Gradually boil it down adding a cup at a time.
- No artificial flavours or preservatives
- Naturally Gluten & Wheat free
Nutritional Information Typical values (per 100g)
Energy kcals 353 Energy kj 1501
of which Saturates 0g
Carbohydrates 79.8g of which sugars trace
Fibre 0.5g Protein 7.4g